Thermal Energy Battery Storage
Awareness is steadily developing within the UK of the increasing importance of energy storage, this usually relates to the storage of electricity BUT why not the storage of thermal energy?
Refrigeration, Cooling and Heating plant can produce cost effective thermal energy at any time if energy storage is available. The capturing & storing of Cold or Heat Energy within a compact battery to use when you need it.
REDUCE ENERGY COSTS
Sunamp Batteries enable the storage of Thermal Energy to maximise the use of low-cost input power/electricity from either Grid or on-site Solar PV to charge & accumulate cool or heat energy
REDUCE CARBON EMISSIONS
Sunamp Batteries enable carbon emissions to be reduced by operating condensers, chillers, or heat pumps with clean renewable input electricity from either Grid or PV when available, or existing heating sources
PROVIDE CONTINGENCY & SYSTEM RESILIENCE
Thermal Batteries provide contingency by delivering on demand stored thermal capacity should a failure occur with either the installed plant or the incoming site power supply
DEAL WITH HIGH AMBIENT TEMPERATURES
Utilise Cold Batteries to deal with unpredictable & variable peak load demands due to high ambient temperatures and provide stand-by refrigeration or cooling capacity
REDUCE INSTALLED PLANT CAPACITY
The capacity of installed plant can be minimised by utilising Thermal Batteries to provide peak ambient temperature kW capacity and deal with unpredictable climate variability
FLEXIBLE AND STRAIGHTFORWARD TO APPLY
Cold and Hot Battery systems can be utilised within chilled/cold storage facilities, process cooling/heating systems and HVAC applications
Retrofit or New Projects
Thermal Battery Operation
Thermal Energy is stored within Phase Change Material (PCM) packaged in modular units which can accumulate and deliver considerable amounts of energy in comparison to sensible heat water or water/glycol tanks.
Sunamp Thermal Batteries are programmable, which means the stored energy can be utilised when required giving the user complete control of the available energy.
- Thermal Energy is charged within the battery and delivered over a predetermined period dependent on the demands of the application
- Operating range between -28ºC to 75ºC
- Batteries can be charged via existing plant or integrated within a packaged system with charging capability
Thermal Battery Applications
- Waste Heat recovery
- Process and Production/Manufacturing
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Storage & Production
- Commercial and Public Sector buildings
- Hotels, Hospitality and Leisure
- Retail and Logistics
- District Heating & Cooling
- Hospitals & Healthcare
- Improve efficiencies of Combined Heat & Power systems (CHP)
- Improve efficiencies of Organic Rankine Cycle small turbines